Monday, March 15, 2010

Unemployed

Well, just about 4 weeks ago I was laid off from my job as a digital printer. I have sent a couple resumes out and I have one interview. The owner of the company I formerly worked at help with a couple of the job leads, but it some ways I feel like there may be some obligation due down the road with this. Maybe I am just paranoid. It hasn't been all bad, my bedroom has been picked up and have managed to make my bed everyday. I did well with making sure the dirty dishes were taken care of but have slacked a little in the area. I think once Spring really arrives and I can open the "wall of glass" in the living room and rearrange the furniture, it will be a boost. The cats keep me company during the day, sometimes. They seem more concerned with sleeping.

I am a diabetic, being diagnosed about a week before being laid off. Yes, February was an exciting month for me!! Being at home sometimes makes it easier for me to deal with this and the food issues that come with it, but there are other days, because there is still some not so great food in the house, where this is difficult. I have been exercising, but I could do better in this area.

Today I clipped 3 weeks of coupons from the Sunday paper inserts, sorted and filed them. My husband and I use coupons when we shop and it helps save some money, 2 weeks ago we saved $55.92 shopping at a store that we had up then avoided. It is further for us to go, it always seemed a little dirty to me and I never like the layout of the store. We gave it try because the store had a good ad, and the store has a shopper card that allows you to save not only on groceries but also towards gas at a certain chain of gas stations. Between the shopper card savings and coupons it came out to a savings of $55.92 which was one third of the original bill and we earned a $.20 cent per gallon savings on gas. It has become a win win situation, we save and they have a new customer.

I also made my bed, did an load of laundry, folded and put away, and cleaned Dallas's ears, he gets smelly ears. I will shower shortly and head out to Office Max for blank cd's. I know, I know, so much excitement in one day....

Linda

No comments:

Post a Comment