Thursday, June 2, 2011

On the lighter side Ambrosia

I went to a family picnic over the weekend and I brought Ambrosia salad.  I found a recipe and made it my own, making it lighter than some of the ones I found out there.  Everyone at the picnic loved it and I hope you do to.  Sorry, no picture with this one.

On the lighter side Ambrosia!

2 - 20 oz cans of pineapple chunks in natural juice, drained
2 - 15 oz cans of mandarin oranges in natural juice for light syrup, drained
1 - 10 oz jar of maraschino cherries, drained and rinsed
1 and 1/2 cup of coconut flakes (unsweetened if you can find it)
3 cups mini marshmallows
3/4 cup light or fat free sour cream
1 - 16 oz container plus 1 cup sugar free or light Cool Whip

In a large mixing bowl gently combine sour cream and Cool Whip.  Fold in all other ingredients.  Cover and chill for at least 2 hours. 

No comments:

Post a Comment