Thursday, October 20, 2011

October Update

Hello Everyone,

Well we have reached mid-October and Fall has definitely arrived.  Here what's happening in my world.

The WNY Guitar Show had minimal success.  My husband sold 1 bass and I sold no bracelets, BUT because my husband did not have business cards a couple people took my card and he wrote his email on the back.  It's a tiny ray of hope, but a ray of hope.  The items I made for the Guitar show will be put in my Etsy shop this weekend.  I have to take photos first.  Look for the new items coming soon!!!

I am no longer an Avon Representative.  It was costing me more than I was making and with my Etsy shop I really did not have time to deal with Avon.  I would rather focus my free time on my business and be my own boss and decision maker.

On the job front, I have officially become a permanent, full time employee as of Monday.  Until now I was considered seasonal/temp.  With the new status I also get a raise, YAY, and will be working no less than 35 hours a week.  This makes a big difference in the pay check, as well as the benefits that it offers.  Now the sky is the limit, I had to start at the ground floor, but I am moving along at a pretty good pace.  I will be the Customer Service Manager and the next step is Assistant Manger.

So, this month of October has been full of changes, but change is good, it means things are moving along.  The changes have not been bad changes, I would call these things improvements.  October has been a month of improvements.

On a side note, I thought I would introduce you to Dallas and Casey.  Dallas is the grey fur ball and Casey the orange and white fur ball.  Dallas was adopted about 12 years ago, he is an old man at this point, but a good kitty.  Casey was adopted almost 2 years ago after my Wren passed away.  Both are very unique and have quirky personalities but we love them just the same.

Have a Happy Halloween!!!

Linda

No comments:

Post a Comment