Friday, May 27, 2011

Old Joke


Syracuse has two seasons. Winter and 4th of July.
We went from winter, which went into late April, then a very rainy and cool May, now here we are at Memorial Day and it is in the high 80's and humid. We had some very loud thunderstorms last night which did break some of the humidity for today.


Happy Memorial Day! The official start of summer. So many things to do this weekend; parades, bbq's, and baseball games. Memorial Day always reminds me of my Grandpa. He loved going to the parades and celebrating those who served in the military. That's him in the picture, with me, the little one it was my first birthday by the candle count, and my sister. Our birthdays are bunched together at the end of November so it was a joint celebration. My grandfather was a WWI veteran, although he never served overseas he was proud of the his time in the Army. He was 27 when drafted and served at Fort Dix in New Jersey as a baker.

So this weekend as you celebrate don't forget to take time to think about no only those who currently serve but those who long ago served.

Dinner tonight is white chicken chili. This is a great easy recipe, I will post it for everyone. Off to start my busy day.

Happy weekend~

Linda

No comments:

Post a Comment