Friday, November 4, 2011

Small Business Saturday


Welcome to all my new followers, thank you!

American Express is promoting Saturday, November 26, 2011 as Small Business Saturday.  To help local economies grow they are asking people to shop with small and local business.  There is a Facebook page, http://www.facebook.com/SmallBusinessSaturday?sk=app_183558821725512, with more info.  I was able to sign up for $100 in Facebook ads, I am hoping to attract some customers to my Etsy shop.  You can also download signs and templates for tweets, emails, and Facebook post.  We can all use some extra, and free, help promoting our shops.

It is my day off and I was going to get so much accomplished.  Nope not going to happen.  I just needed a day to relax and rest.  I love my Etsy, but it is a second job for me so combined with my regular full time job it can be overwhelming at times.  I have some other items I can post in my shop but I want to get some more things made too.

I now have a Twitter account, @LindaGillJones.  I don't know much about twitter but I figured if it can reach some new customers, why not.  It can't be that hard, so if you have a twitter account and want to follow me I look forward to you joining me.

I am up to 88 "likes" on my Facebook Fan page.  I may do something special, like a giveaway when I reach 100.

I just found this beautiful, vintage canister set on Etsy, http://www.etsy.com/listing/80615298/vintage-copper-canisters-set-4-by-west?ref=hp_tt_yt.  I have added this to my favorites and emailed it to my husband as a Christmas gift wishlist item.

What great items have you found on Etsy to add to your wishlist?

Have a great weekend!

Linda

No comments:

Post a Comment